Let’s face it, you’re a busy news person. You wear 1,000 hats and your desk is overflowing with tasks not yet finished. There is no time for leaving your desk, finding parking, browsing the holiday windows or shopping. But, at the end of the day, you still have to put on one more hat (the Santa one) to get your office mates, and especially your editor, something for the holidays.
Luckily, your dear friends at Muck Rack (that’s us!) understand the plight and have put together a little gift guide for the journalists in your life. Promise we won’t tell if some of these end up being gifts to yourself.
Here’s what to buy if…
- If your paper is going the way of the web.
- If you’re tired of typing (who isn’t).
- If you’re always out on assignment when it decides to rain.
- If you’ll risk frostbite to upload that Instagram photo.
- If your editorial team struggles in meetings.
- If your photo editor is no longer in the budget.
- If your car is your office and it’s always in need of an extra plug.
And now a list from us (for us):
- Because you still have to take notes sometimes - MUJI pens
- Because those notes deserve a stylish home - Moleskine mini notebooks
- Because those paper invites aren’t going to open themselves - Izola letter opener
- Because late nights are better with a little desk liquor - Laphroaig scotch
- Because you want to give those Tumblr kids a run for their money - Gifshop app
- Because your source finally called back and you don’t want to miss a word - Gojo
- Because Strunk and White makes a great picture book - Illustrated “Elements of Style”
- Because you’re tired of sitting - $22 Ikea giftcard and this standing desk tutorial
- And because your phone gets a lot more action than you do - self-charging iPhone caseIf you’re looking for more traditional fare (world’s best mugs and such), check out the list from Squidoo. MediaBistro blog 10,000 words also has some nice suggestions.
If you have any other gifts to add, feel free to send them to delia [at] muckrack [dot] com.